Freezing rain expected Wednesday

20190203 freezing rain car window 1 turl

For Friday, expect mixed skies, a 60 per cent chance of snow and a high of -10 C. Overnight, there's a 40 per cent chance of flurries and low of -20 C.

National Weather Service forecasts show that the foothills could see significant snow late Monday night into Tuesday.

Kansas City said it will have crews working split shifts Tuesday and Wednesday in anticipation of the freezing rain. A First Alert Day Wednesday has been issued for the threat for freezing rain in the morning. A cold front moves through early on Monday, with temperatures dropping fairly sharply behind it.

Increasing clouds Tuesday with light snow developing toward evening. This is going to cause hazardous travel conditions, along possible power outages.

Former MMA fighter facing murder charges captured after escaping prisoner van
She also reported to police that Marks had broken into her home in August while her nine-year-old daughter was there. Last month, he was arrested in MI for allegedly breaking into Scott's home in Temple, Texas, according to KCEN .

While many of us will be tempted to stow away shovels and rock salt this week, the calendar reminds us it is still early February. Temperatures climb to near -7°C in the afternoon under mostly cloudy skies. Northeast winds gusting up to 50 km/h will also generate local blowing snow, leading to reduced visibilities.

Sunrise Park Resort in Greer, reportedly received over five inches of snow over the weekend.

If you're looking for a warmup next week, keep looking.

Motorists will find it hard to see as heavy fog is expected to cover most of the region.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump to call for unity, face skepticism in State of Union
Feb 06, 2019 - 02:25
That prompted Pelosi to send another letter to the president, this time more forceful in her language. She has shown no sign of budging from her opposition to Trump's wall-funding demand.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Respawn To Announce Apex Legends Today; Will Be A Battle Royale Title
Feb 05, 2019 - 04:26
Xbox One players interested in playing Apex Legends will note that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required. The internet has been buzzing over rumors that Respawn is launching a new battle royale called Apex Legends .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Fans Fix Super Bowl Halftime Show By Adding "Sweet Victory"
Feb 05, 2019 - 03:41
Post the show, Adam Levine took to Instagram and wrote an emotional post about the opportunity of getting to perform at the SBHTS. Yeek Studios dubbed " Sweet Victory " over B-roll from Maroon 5's performance.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Corn syrup in beer: It's for fermenting, not as a sweetener
Feb 05, 2019 - 03:11
Much of the reaction on social media to the Bud Light ads suggests most people didn't know beer contained corn syrup at all. Bud Light debuts a surprise Game of Thrones crossover commercial during Super Bowl 2019, and it is brutal.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Reed, Bailey and Gonzalez headline 2019 Hall of Fame class
Feb 05, 2019 - 03:06
He also intercepted Peyton Manning three times during the 2003 AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts . He played for the Kansas City Chiefs (1997-2008) and Atlanta Falcons (2009-13) during a 17-year playing career.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Nissan cancels United Kingdom production plans for next-gen X-Trail
Feb 04, 2019 - 14:27
Her comments suggest the final eight weeks until March 29 - the U.K.'s scheduled exit day - will be fraught with tension. In 2016 the carmaker said it would build the new vehicle in the United Kingdom after "assurances" from the government.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Potential Liverpool Line-Up Versus West Ham As Fan Favourite Returns
Feb 04, 2019 - 14:12
According to the Liverpool Echo , the club didn't break any Premier League rules with their actions, with a perhaps neglect for sportsmanship their only crime.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Governor clings on in furore over blackface college photo
Feb 04, 2019 - 13:29
The president of Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk announced the investigation on the school's website late Saturday. Mr Northam, 59, said he could not "undo the harm my behaviour caused then and today".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top USA sanction on Venezuelan state oil firm, pressure mounts on Maduro
Feb 04, 2019 - 12:37
Guaido also urged Venezuelans to take to the streets, especially in Caracas , on Saturday for the demonstrations. The European Parliament called on the European Union's 28 member states Thursday to recognize Guaido.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Will Travis Scott Propose to Kylie Jenner at Super Bowl? Fans Wonder
Feb 04, 2019 - 12:32
Kylie Jenner might have just hinted at being ready to have a second child, as her recent post on Instagram suggested just that. The caption is super short but with two little words, Kylie has the whole world wondering if she's pregnant.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Search under way after plane crashes into house
Feb 04, 2019 - 12:31
It was not immediately known how many people were on board the plane, which had taken off from Fullerton Municipal Airport. Seventy-two fire fighters attended the scene alongside local police, with the investigation into the crash still ongoing.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump says getting closer to declare national emergency
Feb 04, 2019 - 12:26
Democrats have proposed billions of dollars for border security, but no money for a wall. I happen to think it's very bad politics because basically, she wants open borders.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manchester United vs. Leicester City
Feb 03, 2019 - 19:58
The Red Devils face hard upcoming fixtures against the likes of Liverpool on February 24, as well as a two-legged Champions League tie against PSG.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Huawei Foldable Phone Coming This Month at MWC
Feb 03, 2019 - 19:56
With Huawei's MWC keynote set for Sunday, February 24th, there are just over three weeks until it officially shows off the phone . Huawei's device has not made any appearances but the company has made it clear that it is interested in this technology.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Maurizio Sarri Attacks Chelsea Players Again After 'Disastrous' 4-0 Bournemouth Defeat
Feb 03, 2019 - 19:44
Liverpool also had a strong penalty claim waved away in the second half when Naby Keita was seemingly fouled by Ricardo Pereira. Sarri has risked losing the backing of his players with several scathing assessments of their displays this season.